Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bits 'n Pieces

Some stamping chicks got together last night for a paper crafting session.  I have been sorting through my left over bits and pieces and made two cards. . . I love it when you can combine several scraps and come up with a nice project.

Reduce, reuse, recycle is my motto.


This is a card that I made using Summer Solstice and En Francais.  I love the combination of Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla.  The flower in the centre was embossed using black embossing powder and coloured using Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin' Write markers - the flower looks a little darker than I expected.  I haven't put a greeting on the card as I will choose that closer to the time of giving it away but it will go in the bottom right hand corner to balance the layout.

Next card is a combo of products - I had some pieces left over from a class that I attended and I wanted to put them to good use rather than toss them out.  I think it will be a "sweet friend" card at the end of the day that I will send to one of my friends to let them know that they are in my thoughts. . .


En Francais and the Medallion background stamps have been combined to build the background of this card.  The colour scheme is Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede for shading.  I have also used a mannequin die cut which I stamped with a flourish in Staz On Black ink, then texturised with a flourish embossing folder then daubed and made untidy so that it has an antique feel to it.  I wrapped lace around the waist, used crackle medium on the bodice and attached a fleurette with pearl centre brad as the finishing touches. . . Not too shabby!

Until next time
Shanni 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni