Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I have some creative elements. . .

Rain has lessened today and the skies are clearing so it must be a sign that the big wet is retreating.  I have been trying to come up with some ideas for swaps for Convention because I go insane making a huge number of the same one. . .

I decided to use Creative Elements and to combine a heap of the stamps from the set in a random fashion.  To add a further challenge to the project I also selected a "creative combination" of colours - these are colours that you wouldn't necessarily put together but when you do they work!  So the combo is Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery.

Pretty in Pink is the base card, mounted with Soft Suede (10cm x 14.3cm) and the stamped background is on Very Vanilla. 


Of course I felt like it needed something more so I included the En Francais stamp in the background
added some pink flowers with the mid sized flower from Language of Friendship (inked up using a Stampin' write Marker) and using a frame from the Stampin' Up! Four Frames Sizzlet pack I mounted the sentiment which came from the Sale-a-Bration Elementary Elegance set.

Distressing, tearing and daubing softened the whole effect and the little bit of ribbon is to balance the design - nice and easy and quite pleasing to the eye.

72 sleeps until Convention. . .
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni