Sunday, May 27, 2012

Roomie Gift

Three more sleeps for me before I am off to the big smoke!

I have put together a small gift for my room mate at Canberra Convention - it is always difficult to decide what to give to people who are crafty. . . you want to make them something to show your understanding of their passion and also you want them to be wow'd by your creativity.  But the hassel is that usually they can do everything that you can do and often do it ten times better!

This year I am sharing with my friend Amanda.  we usually get to catch up once or twice a year, she writes and crafts in her spare time just as I do so we have a lot in common.  Her tastes lean towards vintage and shabby chic and mine do too - but whilst she has exemplary taste, I am a little more thrown together. . . so I always worry that she will like what I give her.
So this is a little On Board Journal that I have covered with some vintage newspaper that has random roses printed through it.  I daubed the edges with Soft Suede ink to tie the whole project together.
The larger rose is made using the Fancy Flower Punch from the same papers, the smaller flower is made with the new Blossom Punch in the Autumn Winter Mini and Very Vanilla card stock which I tinted with a damp tea bag and the smallest flower I have made with the retired Trio Flower Punch and retired Creamy Caramel card stock which I have also tinted with a damp tea bag.
The second part of the gift is an old style tin port or lunch box which I have covered with the same paper series.  I sanded the edges to make sure that they don't run the risk of lifting and daubed them with Soft Suede ink.
The pattern on the paper is quite busy so I kept the tag on the handle simple.  The letter "a" is from the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet.  I used Cherry Cobbler card stock and applied Crystal Effects to make it pop.  The ribbon is Soft Suede Taffeta Ribbon which I think is so rick looking and silky to touch.
The final part of the treat is that I filled the tin with hand made flowers from retired designer series papers such as Love Letter and Raspberry Tart - both of which I adore. 

Hope she likes them!
Shanni xx

3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW. What a gorgeous gift. Just love it all. Soooooooooo envious. You have done an amazing job, I'm sure Amanda will love it. Me thinks you worry too much. Have a safe journey and an awesome time at Convention. We will be thinking of you with envy!!!! Have fun swapping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI THERE SHANNI
    Stunning gift .Absolutely beautiful hand made flowers . Exquisite papers used everywhere .It all will be loved I am sure .
    hugs Shirley-Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shanni, what an amazing gift! Your friend will be so thrilled to receive this.

    I love papers, so pretty and feminine. The quality of the finished achieved is just outstanding.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni