Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sad times. . . means blue cards. . .

Whilst I was in Canberra my husband's family lost one its patriarchs.  Aub had enjoyed a long and useful life including being married to Aunty Beryl for 72 years ~ an amazing feat in this modern era of drive through marriages and on-line divorces!

I made a card using a heap of media included printed canvas, lace, pearls, lace, embossed cardstock and of course stamps.
I have used the rose stamp out of Fifth Avenue Floral, I have stamped using Versamark and white embossing powder with the heat tool. I spritzed the image and using the Not Quite Navy re-ink simply placed a few drops in the centre of the rose and let it leach with the moisture.  I then cut around the image so that it would pop and mounted them on the card with dimensionals.  A few quick leaf punches.

Sympathy cards are always difficult to balance.  I hope that I got this one right.

Ciao for now
Shanni

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sympathy card.Love the flower image and the popped up sentiment tag .
    A little lace and embossing perfect embellishing .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry to hear this Shan... you're such a tower of strength for us girls and for your family, I hope you are holding up yourself.
    I have thankfully never had to make a sympathy card, but I think your card is lovely and perfect for the occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni