Friday, March 14, 2014

Free Product = Freeing Your Creativity

When you spend $90 with Stampin' Up! until the end of March you can select a free and exclusive Sale-a-Bration product. This is the most exciting time of the year for me as customers and demonstrators in my Paper Belles team are rewarded for loyalty and purchases with free product. And who doesn't love free?

People might be looking for ideas on what they can make with the free designer series paper, stamp sets and there are a number of sets to choose from - Petal Parade, Banner Blast, You're Lovely and See Ya Later. But remember that if it is not stamps that you are after there are plenty of other choices - kits, accessories, punches, big shot accessories and My Digital Studio® images and suites.

Shop today at my Stampin' Up! Website and have your purchases including any free products that you select shipped direct to you without delay.

Todays cards feature the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Papers:
This piece of Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper looks a lot like confetti to me so that is how I refer to it and it is an unusual combination of colours - Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe, Sahara Sand and Pool Party.

To marry in the colours I have stamped the flowers from Flower Shop stamp set in Basic Black, Crisp Cantaloupe and Summer Starfruit and because black is the most neutral of these colours I have framed up both the DSP feature and the sentiment in Basic Black cardstock to make the whole thing pop.

Next card features the "plus sign" design in the same colours but the pattern is more subtle so I have mounted the whole piece (14.8 x 10.5cm)on a Whisper White cardstock base.  The flowers on this card are from the SAB Petal Parade stamp set and I have fussy cut them and added the contrasting leaves and arches.

The leaves were punched from the Summer Starfruit coloured page from the Sweet Sorbet DSP range and Basic Black using the Build a Bird Punch. The arches are from another page of the Sweet Sorbet DSP which I have fussy cut. The ribbon - Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon is the contrast that pulls the whole project together.

For the final card to show off the use of the Sweet Sorbet DSP check out this little abstract number:
This card features the arches pattern from the DSP and the solid Summer Starfruit page - unless you are a fan of Summer Starfruit you may be a little put off by this project but I love how it all contrasts so nicely with Basic Black which is one of my go to card making colours :-).

I have featured the Petal Parade stamp here; stamped in Staz-On Black ink. The ribbon is for texture and to hide the seam in the two DSPs.

Hope your feeling inspired,
Shanni
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni