Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Aussie & Kiwi Swaps on board Allure of the Seas #2

If you saw yesterday's post you would know of my dilemma and lack of confidence in my swap fitting the theme that the Aussies and Kiwis had decided on for our cruise on the Allure of the Seas.

The theme is supposed to be tropical, beach, ocean and cruising. The colours need to be Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party (with a touch of other colour). The swaps need to be 2" x 2".

Here is my second swap:
I don't think that this could be anything but the theme right?! Base card is Bermuda Bay mounted with Whisper White and there is a touch of the Silver Glimmer Paper on the bottom which I hoped looks like sand. The script stamp from By the Tide is stamped in Coastal Cabana.

The Shells are made from Simply Pressed Clay. I satmped the shell stamp from By the Tide, cut out the shape and curled it slightly to add dimension and give the impression that there is a shell on the card. Once the shells have dried I have coloured them using Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Blushing Bride and Soft Suede Stampin' Write Markers and Crystal Effects.
Some look more shell like than others but when you see them individually they all look okay.
Hoping that my recipients are happy with my contribution and that I have inspired you to try the Simply pressed clay. Why not pop over to my Stampin' Up! website and purchase some today, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Cheers
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni