Saturday, April 15, 2017

Fancy Folds - Envelope Punch Gift Card Holder

Welcome back to another Fancy Folds Design Team Blog Hop! This month we are featuring the Envelope Punch Gift Card Holder Card. . .

You may have just visited with the amazingly talented Monica Gale - her project this month is beautiful. It's hard nofollow in those footsteps. . .This is my creation:
I followed the easy to understand YouTube presentation from Jackie Topa

My base card is Rose Red which I don't use very often but I wanted to create this card for my mum and this tone of red suits her. I matted the Rose Red with a square of the same colour, then a square of Blushing Bride and then a square of Whisper White. I stamped the flower images on a separate piece of white cardstock.

The flowers and leaves are three step stamped from Penned & Painted - the larger flowers are stamped in the following colours:

Blushing Bride
Flirty Flamingo
Rose Red
Real Red (centres)

The leaves are stamped in:

Pear Pizzazz
Mint Macaron
Old Olive

I then fussy cut the flowers out and mounted them with glue dots and double dimensionals (putting two layers of dimensional). I also added some blotches of Clear Wink of Stella and Sprinkles Embellishments (sequins and beads).

I wanted a little extra height in the flowers to differentiate them from each other. I like double dimensionalising for that reason.
The sentiment is from Greatest Greetings which is a really versatile set and has greetings for nearly every occasions imaginable. I stamped it in Real red to make it pop. the ribbon is Flirty Flamingo  Ruched Ribbon.
The inside of the card is also decorated with a fussy cut stamped image for the Penned & Painted set. I wanted to tie in the theme both inside and out.
I secured the edges of the insert card with glue dots to make sure that the insert card sat very firmly and flat so as not to interfere with the smooth operation of the card.
This was such a fun card to make and I hope that I have done the fancy fold justice. Thanks for stopping by.
Don't leave us yet though as we have some amazing projects for you to check out. Next stop is the totally incredible Tanja Kolar - her project is adorable!
https://www.tanjakolar.de/fancy-folds-team-blog-hop-envelope-punch-board-gift-card-holder/
Until next time my friends, stay sparkly!
Shanni xx

1. Patrice Halliday-Larsen (New Zealand) 
2. Monica Gale (UK) 
3. Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me!
4. Tanja Kolar (Germany) 
5. Aude Barbara (France) 
6. Miranda Mols (Netherlands) 
7. Astrid Hofmann (Austria) 
8. France Martin (USA)




2 comments:

  1. Loving your card my friend :-) absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and I just bought that stamp set, can you believe it?? Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni